Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekend Cooking...

Are you surprised that I could not go two whole post without bringing it back to food? Well here we are. A post full of yummy food that will have you in your kitchen before you can even finish reading this.

Saturday was spent with a good friend who appreciates food and good quality ingredients like I do. So we spent the day cooking and eating and cooking a eating and brewing pots of coffee, gabbing like old ladies and watching movies. Sunday I felt a few pounds heavier but it was worth it.


Good ol' Mac&Cheese with a twist from Pioneer Women.



As much as this unfamiliar mac&cheese ingredient scares you do not leave it out! This is what makes this recipe FABULOUS!



The recipe called for cheddar cheese but I also grated up fresh Munster cheese and fresh Parmesan cheese and oh my, I recommend you do the same.



Pioneer Women calls this "tempering". An egg was to be added to the hot cheese mixture but to keep the egg from cooking I added a small amount of the mixture into the egg and whisked until it was cool. I was then able to add the egg mixture into the the hot cheese and milk mixture.



mmm look at all that cheese... you know you want some ; )


**The recipe did not call for it but I also added bread crumbs under one of the layers of cheese on the the top and I highly recommend it.



Now after all of those carbs lets add a little more along with a cup of coffee

Take your favorite coffee creamer, heat it in your microwave for 30 seconds or so then whip it up and pour it onto of your coffee for a lil something special... and it will make you feel like an awesome barista.
**Take your favorite muffin mix, add in a little (or alot) shaved chocolate and sliced almonds, bake and enjoy with an amazing cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment