Monday, March 7, 2011

Fish tacos are alot better than they sound...

There tends to be a bad connotation surrounding fish tacos. I could get into that but it is not really necessary so I will leave that for you to consider while I introduce you to how fabulous fish tacos actually are.

I have recently discovered that meat grosses me out. I have been on the line about for several years now but after traveling to Thailand in December I have chosen a side. I do not necessarily consider myself a vegetarian but as a friend once put it, I suppose I am a "polite" vegetarian. While at home or out to eat I choose not to partake in the eating of animals but if that is what I am served at ones home it would be rude to decline... with the exception of pork. I will always decline pork. Fish is one thing I do still eat. So I guess you could say there have been a lot of experimental dinners in my home the past couple of months. Figuring out what to substitute meat for and learning to cook vegetarian dishes. This is where the fish taco comes in. Obviously I was not going to cook hamburger for my tacos so the obvious meat of choice was fish!

Step One



The pack of taco shells that I purchased did not come with taco seasoning so I learned how to made my own. It turned out rather fabulous.


1 tbsp. chili powder 2 tsp. onion powder 1 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, powdered oregano and sugar 1/2 tsp. salt
*Mix together. Equals 1/4 ounce package of commercial seasoning mix

Step Two

I used Talapia but your choice of fish will work just fine. I started off by baking the fish then moving them to a pan to saute them with the taco seasoning and a little bit of garlic olive oil.


Step 3

Add in your favorite taco toppings and consume!


No comments:

Post a Comment