Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another Food Post...

Day two of back in blogger action and I must say that I am loving it!

Recently I have been on the hunt for fresh, new vegetarian recipes to spice up our dinner nights. This is the perfect, yummy, light kind of meal that I love!

Spinach and Artichoke Quiche with fresh corn on the cob.

I found the recipe for the quiche here but I tweaked it quite a bit.

I used:

  • 2 garlic cloves, grated
  • 6 ounces fresh spinach (although I wish I have doubled it)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 8 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained (Wish I had used 6 and bought jarred, not canned...really does make a difference)
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups half and half
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup FRESH, grated yourself Parmesan cheese (I know its more expensive but trust me the difference is HUGE! Buy a block, grate it yourself and freeze it so it won't go bad and it will last quite some time.)
  • 1 deep dish pie shell


Step 1:
Sautee your tablespoon of butter and fresh grated garlic for several minutes. Then add in your fresh spinach a handful at a time, sautee it down then add more



Step 2:
Dice up your artichoke hearts and stir them into the spinach with your spices then pour into a separate bowl.




Step 3:
Add your eggs, half and half and two cheese and stir it all together



Step 4:
Pour into your pie crust and bake at 375 for 45 minuets to an hour



Step 5: Don't forget desert!

I just used a chocolate chip cookie mix, baked them and as soon as they came out of the oven i had pre-chopped Reese cups (My Favorite cookie and favorite candy!) and placed on in the center of each cookie. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment