Thursday, February 16, 2012

DIY Wreath

I am one of those people. I had my Christmas wreath up until just yesterday. I know, super tacky. It's not like I left it up there on purpose I just never thought about it until I was walking out the door. I had a whole evening to myself yesterday so I finally decided to do something about that wreath. I don't have a lot of experience making them so I decided to browse Pinterest for a bit of inspiration. I ended up blending things from several different ones that I liked and now I want to pass along that inspiration.

I got everything from Michaels craft store.

-A simple brown picture frame - $4.00













- Roll of hemp - $3.00
- 2 pieces of felt (To make flowers out of. Link to tutorial) - $.20 each
- Big monogram letter - $4.00
- Choice of paint color to paint your Monogram letter - $.60
- Needle and thread and hot glue gun from home



I just simply started by hot gluing an end piece of hemp to the back side of my frame and then wrapped it all the way around. I cut and glued once I got to each corner.

Arrange your felt flowers (I found a great tutorial here) however you like with a hot glue gun and then hot glue your monogram letter on! Simple as that!



2 comments: