Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Portabella Cap Pizza

The first thing I want to say is YUM! I love everything mushroom and I love pizza so lets just put the two together?! This is another Pinterest recipe and you can find the original here.

If you love pizza but you want to cut out some of the carbs this recipe is perfect for you.

Ingredients :
-Portabella Mushroom Caps (I bought six but between my husband and I we only ate 4)
- Marinara Sauce. I did not measure out how much I used, I just eyeballed it.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Dried or fresh basil
- Red pepper flakes
- Toppings of choice (I used spinach and olives)

Step 1:

Scrape out the inside of the mushroom along with as much of the stem as can get and bake on a baking sheet for around 5 to 7 minutes at 400 degrees.





Step 2:

Spoon your Marinara sauce and top with red pepper flakes and basil. I used dried basil because that is all I had on hand but I would love to use fresh basil leaves next time. Next, add your toppings of choice. I used mozzarella cheese, spinach and black olives.




Step 3:

Turn your oven onto broil and bake until cheese is melted! It should only take a few minutes so make sure to keep a check on them.




**Let me know what toppings and spices you used on your pizzas!

No comments:

Post a Comment