Friday, May 28, 2010

So Long Insecurity...

This book continues to blow my mind each time I open it up. It has been the inspiration for several of my blogs and opened my eyes even more to the grace God has for us. I have one chapter left until I am finished and I'm not sure I'm ready for it to be over. I would never be able to summarize the words of the chapter I just finished well enough for you to get the picture I did so I'm going to just quote straight out of the book...

"When you feel that familiar panic begin to rise in your heart like a river coursing its banks and your soul begins to roll with another round of 'What will I do if...?' what would happen if you were willing to hear the voice of God whisper these inaudible words?
Child, you are asking the wrong question. Here's the one that would assuage your fears: What will God do if...? Here's a smattering of answers to that mighty good question.
I, the Maker of heaven and earth, will:

Perfect everything that concerns you (Psalm 138:8)
Work all things together for your good (Romans 8:28)
Contend with those who contend with you (2 Chronicles 20:15)
Fight this battle for you(2 Chronicles 20:15)
Equip you with divine power (2 Corinthians 10:4)
Delight to show you mercy (Micah 7:18)
Meet all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
Give you grace that is perfectly sufficient (2 Corinthians 4:19)
Be your power in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)
Do immeasurably more than all you could ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within you (Ephesians 3:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment